It’s an honor to welcome my guest writer… His Majesty the King. Unfortunately, it looks like he wasn’t able to finish his post. So, I have decided to finish it… I have no choice; I need to post something… lol
I have been married 3 years, 9 months, 11 days. And no lesson has ever been more repeated to me (by myself) that “A happy wife equals to a happy life.”
What does it mean when I say a happy wife?
It means that she is happy (duh) and she is not stressed out
How will I know if she’s happy?
- She is smiling
- She is excited about the most mundane tasks
- She tells me she loves me
- She will hug me before we fall asleep
- She will let you eat the balat (skin) off that Pan Fried Chicken you ordered from that pancake place (without regard for your health. Hehe…)
Wow! Amazing right? Now here’s the tricky part. I am no master at this but here are some pointers.
How can you make her feel happy?
- Be a good provider of her needs. Of course buying her some stuff won’t hurt also.
- Shower her with encouragements and praises
The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit. Proverbs 18:21 (NIV)
- Be there for her.
- Smile at her
Now, in response…
How will I know if he’s happy?
- He is smiling back, every time I smile at him.
- He is excited to help me accomplish every mundane task.
- He tells me he loves me
- He will hug and kiss me before we fall asleep
- He will gladly eat every food I offer him.
Now here’s the tricky part too. Like King, I am no master at this. Glad I attended a seminar where men’s top 5 needs were tackled. It’s actually from the book entitled, “His Needs, Her Needs” by Dr. Willard Harley. Knowing what these needs are actually helped me understand my husband more and made me a better wife. I hope.
King’s Top 5 Needs:
- Sexual Fulfillment. No need to explain.
- Recreational Companionship. Marriage allows us to do the things we both like, thus making our relationship grow. It also challenges us to try the ones we are less interested in, making us better individuals. In example, him trying to love every musical there is and I learning that game called “Boom Beach” introduced us to worlds we didn’t expect to be that entertaining.
- An Attractive Spouse. Well, not an issue. Just kidding. I believe that how a wife looks and carries herself greatly reflects her husband’s ability to lead and provide. A wife is her husband’s best accessory, far more precious than rubies (Proverbs 31:10), a crown (Proverbs 21:4). Who would want to wear a tarnished piece of jewelry, right?
- Domestic Support. Embrace it; we are the queens of our homes. Our kings trust that we take responsibility in making our homes a better place. And him being a part of that home needs to feel he is being taken care of too.
- Admiration / Respect. Appreciate and be grateful. I guess a part of this is being content of what we have. Look for things you can be thankful for. Tell your husband how much you love him and shower him with words of encouragements. This will boost his confidence and inspire him to achieve.
I love the idea of “A Happy Wife = A Happy Life”, but no offense, it is a bit off… selfish. What if I have high expectations? What if I’m impractical? Even if I have the best husband in the whole wide world, all his efforts will be put to waste if I’m simply ungrateful. Thus, the new formula: Happy Husband + Happy Wife = Happy Life. Yes, it takes two to tango, and so does a marriage to leverage. 🙂